Thursday, August 5, 2010

Take a Stand

"Stand for something or you'll fall for anything." That was an oft-sung phrase in my house and one I intend to foster in this new adult home of my own. Our current reality has created many lines that slice across culture, politics, religion, wealth, war, love, marriage, and more - and these lines don't often lend themselves to a gray area. Fashion and style have long stood as means to make a statement: burning bras, women in pants, the grunge movement, the goth movement, the prepster era, hippie trends, mc hammer pants, cross-dressing, punk... you name it. Fashion allows people to literally wear their beliefs on the sleeves (or lack of sleeves.) A person's style allows him or her to live their convictions out loud without ever saying a word.






4 comments:

  1. Nice dress. Like your blog. I'll follow you from now on. Hope you will follow me too.
    xoxo

    http://theonlyfashionprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your bumper sticker on chictopia brought me to your blog! Consider me a follower!!! You girls are lovely. Keep up the passion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all! I'm headed to check out your blogs right now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment. Of course you can feature this look on our blog for next week's "inspiration". Hope you'll set my bloglink beneath it. When does the picture is on your blog?
    xoxo

    http://theonlyfashionprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave any blog information so we can check you out. Remember, all merchandise is currently available at the time of the post! peace * love * fashion