Monday, May 17, 2010

Sex & The City - Carrie

We saved dear Carrie for last (of course that means she shows up first in the chronological order of posts, but that suits me just fine.) As the premier date nears the whole staff is a flutter with coordinating plans and outfits. I even bought a fantastic Dolce & Gabbana dress during our dress sale this past weekend to wear to the movie... and then probably to make a splash at my husband's graduation next month. It hugs every inch of skin that it touches (hey, it's knee length - that's plenty conservative in my book... and in Carrie's too, I feel certain.) The silver fabric shimmers in a subtle floral pattern. It's one of those dresses that I refer to as a Mullet: business in the front with the higher collar, and all party in the back: the effect that dress has on my rear-view-situation is practically magic. And each time I take that dress somewhere special I will make a silent nod to Carrie - the curly-haired journalist and open-hearted relationship soldier that revolutionized a generation; that instilled swanky words like "cosmos" and "manolos" into this working gal's vocabulary. Here's to you, Carrie. May your mark on what it is to be a woman last my lifetime.

Boutique Girl: Carter (styled by Sandra)



On Carter:
Dress: Laundry $49
Necklace: $39
Shoes: Nine West $22
Clutch: Banana Republic $16



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave any blog information so we can check you out. Remember, all merchandise is currently available at the time of the post! peace * love * fashion